About Bitfield Consulting
John Arundel is an infrastructure and devops consultant of 20 years experience. He is the author of The Puppet Cookbook, The Puppet Beginner’s Guide and other technical books, a well-known expert on Puppet, the open-source configuration management system, and speaks regularly at technical user groups and conferences.
He works closely with a small group of selected clients around the world to develop and support:
- Scalable, reliable, performant infrastructure
- Systems automation with Puppet
- Devops tools, practices and culture
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Monitoring, reporting, and performance analysis
- Big data
- Virtualization and cloud infrastructure
Some of the technologies Bitfield Consulting works with: Puppet, EC2, Hadoop, HBase, Rails, Icinga, Xen, Vagrant, Redis, Clojure, Git, MySQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, HAProxy.